An Accidental Recipe :: Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Coldstone Style
It happens to all of us... well, I'd like to think so anyways! You have this awesome idea for a DIY but something is missing. This happened to me recently. I had this delicious concept of creating Pumpkin Pie Popsicles! Yum right? Come to find Popsicle molds are practically impossible to find in October. Who would have thought it? #facepalm Anywho, I was bond and determined to make my pops by any means necessary!
I tried everything, even double shot glasses (total pain to get ice cream out of BTW) but nothing was visually as delightful as it tasted.
Ummm... yeah... not so cute! So out of frustration I stuck my pathetic excuse for a popsicle into my coffee (delicious by the way!) and re-evaluated the situation... After a few delicious sips, of my now pumpkin flavored coffee, it hit me! Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream! Coldstone style...
Here is how this accidental recipe went down...
1. Mix heavy whipping cream with a bit of sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste
2. Poor cream mixture into a plastic mold filling about a third of the space
3. Place in freezer for about an hour
4. While waiting, mix a can of Pumpkin Pie mix with heavy cream (about a 1/4 of a cup) until you have created a nice creamy texture. Add a bit of sugar to taste
5. Remove mold from the freezer and add your Pumpkin Pie mixture leaving about a 1/4 of the mold empty
6. Sprinkle graham crackers on top filling the remainder of space alloted in your mold
7. Place back in the freezer allowing to set over night
8. Come morning remove your mold and pop out little ice cream cakes into a large bowl
9. Do as they do at Coldstone and begin smashing up the ice cream cakes until relatively blended
10. Scoop and serve!
Moral of this story? Never give up on a good idea! The outcome just may surprise you.
Love & Lollies...
♥lets tweet ♥like on facebook ♥follow on bloglovin