Hi! My name is Stina and I’ll be your sewing teacher today. I blog over at Her Name Was Greta and I’m thrilled to be here, sharing one of my favourite DIY projects with you! I have a wardrobe full of t-shirts, t-shirts that has seen better days and more or less just take up space. I’ve been planning to get rid of them and replace them with something cuter but money being quite tight after the holidays and, seriously, throwing out clothes that’s only fault is looking dull just doesn’t feel right, so they stay and take up space. If this is something you can relate to, I think this Peter Pan collar refashion DIY could be something for you.
Another T-shirt or fabric in a contrastic colour/print
2. Fold your t-shirt in half and trace the neckline on to paper. Add ½ an inch/1½ cm to seam allowance.
3. Draw the shape of your collar.
4. Cut out your paper pattern and pin it to your contrasting fabric, folded in half.
5. Cut out your collar in the fabric.
6. Pin the collar flat on to your t-shirt. Fold in and pin around the neckline.
7. Sew all the way around the collar, starting at the shoulder seam. This can be a bit fiddly with stretchy knits, but you can do it! Just be patient and sew your stitches rather loose and you’ll be fine.
8. And you’re done! Wear it with pride!
So cute Stina! Thank you so much for coming over and sharing this with us! Be sure to go over and take a look see at Her Name is Greta. I promise you will fall in love and you just may find me over there with another trick! =D
Love & Lollies...